Microchip MRF24WB0MA IEEE 802.11 – Wi-Fi Module
In CISIUM we understand the importance of RF communications, and more specifically the Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11), a standard communications integrated in modern smart phones, tables and laptops. Now it is available the integration of Wi-FI communications in our embedded systems form the hand of Microchip.
Microchip has added 802.11 wireless communications to its lineup of wireless technologies for the embedded market. The Microchip embedded Wi-Fi module contains the MRF24WB0MA FCC and Wi-Fi certified module.
The Wi‐Fi MRF24WB0MA allows us to quickly create a direct connection to the Internet by seamlessly connecting to standard 802.11b/g access points. In managing the connection, the MRF24WB0MA module controls the MAC and baseband layers and is connected to the host MCU via an SPI port.
- Compatible with PIC18, PIC24, PIC32 and dsPIC microcontrollers
- IEEE 802.11b compliant wireless solution compatible with b/g/n routers
- Supports infrastructure and ad hoc networks
- MRF24WB0MA small footprint module integrated antenna, MAC, Baseband, RF and power amplifier
- MRF24WB0MA/B module is FCC, IC, Wi-Fi certified, and ROHS, CE and ETSI compliant, providing considerable cost savings and quick time-to-market
- License Free TCP/IP stack supporting standard suite of Internet Protocols
- Built-in EZConfig application to facilitate network provisioning without a keyboard or display
- Built-in ZeroConf (Bonjour, Avahi) application to simplify human interaction
- Supports WEP, WPA, and WPA2 security protocols on module
- Solutions as simple as a single PIC plus Wi-Fi module with power and passives